Our cPanel admin blog has been a valuable resource for system administrators since it launched in 2009. In fact, even cPanel is a fan of our blog, and they are one of our largest referrers.
Here are some statistics about our customers and what we do, according to data collected in 2015:
- 62% of the readers of our blog work for web hosting companies or maintain at least one server that hosts websites (You can find links to our blog all across WHT and the cPanel forums)
- 76% of our customers are web hosting providers that host external clients
- 15% of our customers are web hosting providers that only host themselves or internal clients
- 9% of our customers are companies that manage servers for their clients
- 49% of our customers have more than one server managed by us
- 12% of our customers run Plesk, “bare” Linux, or some other control panel on at least one server we manage
- Between 2013 and 2015, 89% of the “one-time” customers that hired us to work on their servers hired us again within this timeframe
- 94% of tickets are resolved within 24 hours
- Our customer feedback system shows a 99.94% satisfaction rating on our services
And now a little about us:
Our company was founded in January 2009 by a group of like-minded system administrators that sought to create a knowledge base for web hosting providers running cPanel. We maintain a small United States-based employee-owned and operated company where consistency, competence, and efficiency have become the foundation of our success. Still with such a small staff, we are now managing hundreds of cPanel servers per month belonging to our loyal clients that trust us with one of the most vital aspects of their businesses. We have over 50 years combined experience, and many of us have been working with cPanel for over 10 years.
We realize we are not the cheapest option out there, and you have a lot of choices when it comes to server management. You’ve heard the phrase “you get what you pay for” and this is very true when it comes to server management as well. You certainly have the option to pay $15/mo for “unlimited” support provided by other companies, but you eventually end up paying for it in the end. Here’s why:
- Most of these companies may be able to support Linux servers, but are not experienced with managing cPanel servers. There is a major difference in how cPanel servers are managed compared to bare Linux systems.
- Some companies are “too” large and outsource their work to remote staff working in other countries. While this alone is not necessarily a quality indicator, it’s usually a major factor when it comes to getting personalized and consistent support, and is one of the biggest reasons customers switch to us.
- The support scope of some is extremely narrow. Basic services that you’d expect are usually not included and are charged at a higher rate.
- Their staff tend to be focused more on quantity vs. quality, which results in sloppy work. We are used to be hired by customers and even the server management companies themselves to fix work that was not done correctly the first time.
If you own a hosting company, you’ve probably spent a lot of your own time and money growing your business. Our first priority is the growth and success of all of our customers, and we want to earn your trust and business. Contact us today to discuss server management and support options!